Thursday, December 3, 2009

Shabby Chic/Cottage

Yesterday, while Austin was at work, I got caught up on hgtv.com looking at interior home make-overs and video clips from shows like color splash and divine design. I also took a quiz to see what my "design style" is. Apparently it's "shabby chic"/"cottage"...who knew? I seriously never would have guessed that. I always thought my style was contemporary or something, but I looked at pictures of what "cottage" actually is and I have to say, I love it! It's described as cozy and comfortable. Here are some examples:
I always thought of shabby chic being old and rustic, but it can be clean and sharp too. I like mixing the comfortable and old style with new elements like stainless steel appliances and cool wall colors. Everything looks crisp and clean, but it has character too.

No comments:

Post a Comment