Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I am a brilliant artist.


Ok, I'm about to brag about my talents. But I'm completely justified in my bragging because I am pretty darn skilled! I've fallen in love with art all over again. Drawing is cool, but who knew I could be so passionate about cake decorating???

Well, it all started when I volunteered to bake a cake for my boss's birthday celebration that is taking place tomorrow. I started thinking about what type of cake it would be and how I would decorate it and I got carried away, as I often do when it comes to being creative. I drew several extremely difficult cake designs, but I decided to start small and went with one of the more simple ones. But I realized that decorating cakes is actually really amazing. You can be so creative!!! And I love the challenge of trying to think out of the box to make the most random, impossible things out of cake and frosting.

Anyway, I baked the cake and, amazingly, I didn't burn it. (I have burned many cookies in my baking days.) So then I decorated it. And I enjoyed the ENTIRE process. I didn't get bored at all. I was really patient and it turned out gorgeous. Agree? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment