Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Toilet Talk

At Stevens Middle School (the place where I work) the bathroom stalls in the staff lounge have little posters called "toilet talk." Theres announcements for what's going on for the month and sometimes random quotes or jokes. I enjoy them immensely.

Last month's (January) had funny notes that parents actually wrote to excuse their kids when they were absent. Here are the ones I remember:

1. "Please excuse _______. She was in bed with gramps." (I assume he/she meant "cramps")

2. "Please excuse _______. He/She was sick and I had her shot."

3. "Please excuse _______. He/She had perfect attendance the last nine weeks. That's really good, so I let her stay home for a reward."

So that amused me. Another awesome thing the staff bathrooms have is candy! Ms. Manley, the sixth grade teacher whose math class I tutor in for an hour a day, told the students about the candy in the bathroom, so now they always ask me to get some for them.

The other day, a kid came up to me and said, "Miss, can you go to the bathroom?" It took me a minute to realize that he wasn't asking me if I was capable of using a toilet, he really just wanted me to go in and get him some candy. Middle schoolers have no shame when it comes to getting candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment