Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Three Jobs!

I was a little worried about finding work when I moved here. I thought it would be a bad time to go job hunting. My second day in Post Falls, I got not one, but TWO jobs! They weren't necessarily hiring, but they liked me :). One of the jobs is at a bead store called "Bead It" and I'm starting on Friday. The other one is next door (they share employees) and it's a tanning salon called "Relax and Tan." I'll be starting there on March 7th and working every other Sunday for a little while until the beach opens up and the main employee leaves to lifeguard full time at the lake. And get this: Gayle (owner of Bead It) told me that since they're pretty slow most of the time, I can bring anything I want to entertain me such as books, a portable DVD player, a laptop, or whatever else I can think of. She also said it is ok for me to talk on my cell phone as long as there are no customers in the store! And at the tanning salon, I get FREE tanning! I am so excited to get these jobs! But I really need something RIGHT NOW. I'm broke and they won't need me that much until summer. So I was still looking for something else. I was on a walk at the park by the resort with Michelle Sunday and we decided to check out the shops and I discovered there is a Del Sol store in Coeur d' Alene! I was bummed because it was closed. The next day I went there again with Ala and Max and we played at the park for a while and then I walked by again to see if they were open and I met the owner. He asked the infamous question, "Have you ever been to a Del Sol store?" I was like, "Yeah, I used to work at one actually. Are you guys hiring?" He told me I came at just the right time because he was going to be losing most of his employees from the previous year. He said he was really excited that I came by and he believes everything happens for a reason. So I'm going back today to bring in my application and do a mock sale, which I'm a little nervous about. I'm not a very good pretender. The only issue, once again, is that he doesn't need me until late March and then he will need me a lot in the summer. So I'm basically going to have THREE part time jobs this summer!!! I won't have a life. But on the plus side, I will make a lot of money for China.

No comments:

Post a Comment